Bailey Family News

Thanks for visiting our blog. We hope things are well with you and we are glad you could stop by.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

PRAISE GOD!!!!

I was in my normal routine this AM trying to get my sick little ones off to school.  I left the house and pulled out of the neighborhood.  I crossed Fenner Rd with no problem and headed to school.  I noticed that the other lane was unusually backed up and was commenting on that to Hunter when out of no where a white car pulled across that lane and smack dab into my lane of traffic.  The Lord took over is all I can say.  I just happened to see it coming but at the same time all I could hear in my mind was the crunching of metal all around us.  I jerked the wheel to the Right, crossed a ditch and headed straight for the NC Wesleyan practice field.  I managed to stop the car without flipping it or doing any damage to it.  I missed the car that pulled out in front of us as well.  Just as we stopped Hunter looked at me and said "Mommy, I didn't like that at all. I'm scared."  I assured him everything was alright and asked him if he was hurt.  He said no.  I looked back at Toby and he was fine too.  Everything that was in the back seat was now upside down and in the floor.  Thank God for seat belts and Car seats.

That car went on down the road, I blew the horn (after coming to a stop) it eventually pulled over.  I sat in my car consoling my children and watched as I honestly thought the driver would drive away.  She didn't and although it took what seemed like forever for her to get out of her car and head toward us to see if we were ok... she finally did. 

The poor young girl was visibly shaken and almost in tears but appeared to be fine physically.  I opened the car door and as I stepped out I notice my Brother, Bo, walking across the road and toward me.  He has been a few cars behind the vehicle that let this young girl out in the first place.  He saw the whole thing unfold.  He told me that I literally missed the other car by maybe a half inch.  He didn't know how I missed the car, Lord know I would have T-Boned her in the passenger door at full force if I had not reacted fast enough.  He didn't know how I went down in the ditch without causing damage to or flipping my little SUV.  I gave Bo a hug and asked him to check under my car and the front bumper.  He did and I checked the tires.  All seemed unharmed.  I told the girl we were ok and it didn't look like anything was broken but that she needed to be more careful next time.  She said yes mam and I really don't even remember seeing her get back in her car and leave until I looked up and she was no longer there. 

Kelly, my sister, walked up in the middle of all this.  She had just dropped her 2 kids off at school and was on her way to work.  She noticed it was me and pulled off to see that I was ok.  We all were.  I thanked them all and got back in the car.  I checked on the kids once again and Hunter was visibly shaken up but was ok.  Toby was ok - he didn't even have a clue anything had happened.  I just sat there trying to gain my composure, acting brave for my kids, trying not to let them see how scared and shaken I really was.  I just wanted in that moment to put my arms around them both and fall to my knees in gratitude to my Savior.  Today that is exactly what he was Our SAVIOR! 

I looked ahead to make sure I could make it through the rest of the ditch and up the side of the field until I could get to the gravel drive leading out of the practice area.  I did and Kelly actually backed up and let me out into traffic.  I took Hunter to school and waited for mom.  He had not been feeling well and I wanted to make sure it was ok to send him to class before he went down the hall.  I really wanted to give him a few min to calm down too.

It is all over now and I am steel amazed at the fact we all got out of that situation with out a dent, scratch or broken bone.  Praise to God!  To him all the Glory for without him watching us today things would have been much worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment